Reporting to the Design Office Manager, the Document Controller will assume overall responsibility for coordinating and administrating document control within Project Services and to ensure the company procedures are adopted.
- Set-up of project requirements and project file.
- Collating and issuing monthly progress status reports for both internal and external documentation.
- Checking the quality of drawings and documents to be catalogued are in accordance with the document control procedure.
- Assembling data books under direction of Project Team members.
- Forwarding material to clients along with preparing official transmittal document.
- Checking the accuracy of transmittals.
- Expediting the review of internal and external documentation within Engineering departments.
- Monitoring all drawings and documents in line with document control procedure.
- Controlling and management of company documents between various departments.
- Ensure that formatting of documents is consistent and that documents are submitted and routed in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate and audit document files.
- Sorting/Organising/Compiling documents.
- Editing and Inputting in Excel Spreadsheets.
- Filing/Recording using electronic and hard copies to ensure all documents are retrievable.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail.
- Organised and hard working.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- 5 years’ experience in project services preferably in an EPCM environment.