· Work with Professional Engineers and technologists to develop equipment designs from concept to shop details.
· Source and specify materials and commercial components
· Produce 3D models and 2D drawings sufficiently detailed for fabrication, primarily using Solidworks or AutoCAD.
· Provide technical support for shop during manufacturing and assembly of equipment as required
· Provide on-site commissioning assistance during installation and start-up
· Produce basic technical documents such as scope of work, technical specification, instruction manuals etc.
· Canadian citizen or permanent resident, holding diploma from 3-year mechanical engineering technology program or a 2-year mechanical engineering technician
· Minimum 5-10 years of experience with design of purpose-built equipment
· Proficiency with Solidworks and AutoCAD is required.
· Knowledge of GD&T and shop detailing practices is required
· Capable of developing designs with minimal supervision
· Good working knowledge of commonly available fabrication materials
· Experience with pneumatic/hydraulic designs and preparing pneumatic/hydraulic schematics.
· Experience or familiarity with electrical control systems would be an asset
· Practical experience with fabrication and machine practices would be an asset
· Experience doing material take-offs and estimating fabrication labor would be an asset.
Please note that only applicants who progress to the next stage will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in applying for this position.
Our client provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Lincoln Strategic Inc. is a boutique executive and professional search firm focused on the mining and minerals industry. Our portfolio of clients includes mining companies, engineering & consulting organizations, technical services firms, and mining industry technology providers. Our intent is to serve and provide our clients/candidates with a mutually beneficial service to for development exceptional teams that lead the industry.
For more information on our services, please visit us at www.lincolnstrategic.com. Applicants may apply by sending their CV's directly to email@example.com.