4 year Acctg Degree
7+ yrs Acctg Experience, 5+ yrs Managerial Experience
Located in Atlanta, GA building homes at an average sales price of $700k. The Accounting Manager will be tasked with ensuring a smooth transition including the building of an accounting team consisting of 2 AP and 1 Staff Accountant. This position will require prior managerial experience as well as an understanding of construction operations in order to establish procedures, workflow and efficient best practices to bring these operations in-house.
- Oversee an accounts payable staff and staff accountant
- Responsible for implementing new AP/Staff Accountant team including establishing procedures for vendor setup, insurance tracking, subcontractor invoice work flow, job cost reporting and roll up financial reporting at month end
- Responsible for creating appropriate SOP for critical tasks and functions
- Work with Management team to develop and manage annual budget
- Manage fixed assets, including depreciation and additions & disposals
- Create ad-hoc reports as necessary—Cash, job cost, AP needs, etc.